Welcome to this series on Success. I hope you find the readings thought provoking and inspiring. Please enjoy.
Adjust your attitudes for greater happiness and success with these strategies:
- Gratitude.If you’re focused on the positive things in your life, it’s a lot easier to experience happiness. But success can also come from gratitude. Gratitude has an almost magical power to bring more good things into your life. If you can feel grateful each day, you can expect to have good days ahead.
- Life is short. With this attitude, you’ll be more predisposed to take action instead of stalling. What others think becomes less important to you as you focus on what you want.
- Failure is good. Most often, success requires failing along the way. If you can avoid harbouring negative feelings toward failure, life is easier to manage and success easier to achieve. Imagine all the things you would try if you weren’t afraid of failing!
4. You can learn anything.You learned to walk and talk. You could learn to surf and to speak French. You can learn to be a great public speaker or an accountant. With few exceptions, you can learn to be or do just about anything. That means you can learn anything you need to learn in order to be happy or successful. What do you want to learn?
5. Cause and effect.You have control over the results in your life. If you drop a bowling ball over your foot, it will fall on your foot. If you do anything, there are consequences, good or bad. The world is very practical. You can create the results you desire through your actions. That means you can create results that bring you happiness.
- Resilience to criticism.If you’re too concerned by what others think, you’ll be unhappy and unsuccessful. Few people are going to authentically cheer you on in life. In fact, many will try to hold you back. Learn to ignore the naysayers.
Your attitude matters. Obviously, a pessimistic attitude is unlikely to lead to either happiness or success. An attitude of gratitude would be a much more effective way to approach the world. Ensure that your attitude is giving you the best chance to experience happiness and success. Your attitude is under your control, so do the best you can with it.
For more blogs, please visit www.NicksDigitalSolutions.com and choose Nick’s blog
For E-Learning material, please visit www.NicksDigitalSolutions.com and choose the E-Learning shop (in particular Pathways to Success).
Nick Thorne is the founder of Nick’s Digital Solutions Limited. He lives in Levin, New Zealand.