Welcome to this series on Seniors. I hope you enjoy this thought-provoking and inspiring reading.
I didn’t author this article (I wish I had). However, I am very pleased to pass it on.
Some of these quotes are very touching. I hope you enjoy this article as much as I enjoyed doing the research for it.
1) “Old dogs can be a regal sight. Their exuberance settles over the years into a seasoned nobility, their routines become as locked into yours as the quietest and kindest of marriages.” – Gail Caldwell
2) “Old dogs, like old shoes, are comfortable. They might be a little out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well.” – Bennie Wilcox
3) “After years of having a dog, you know him. You know the meaning of his snuffs and grunts and barks. Every twitch of the ears is a question or statement, every wag of the tail is an exclamation.” – Robert McCammon
4) “Every white hair is one day of experience in being the very best friend you’ve ever had.” – Jaymi Heimbuch
5) “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it watching for us to come home each day.” – John Grogan
6) “A dog wags its tail with its heart.” – Martin Buxbaum
7) “Old dogs care about you, even when you make mistakes.” – Tom T. Hall
8) “My dog does this amazing thing where he just exists and makes my whole life better because of it.” – Unknown
9) “You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.” – Robert Louis
10) “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive.” – Gilda Radner
11) “Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog. It merely expands the heart.”―Author Unknown
12) “Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Turnbull
13) “Dogs die. But dogs live, too. Right up until they die, they live. They live brave, beautiful lives. They protect their families. And love us, and make our lives a little brighter, and they don’t waste time being afraid of tomorrow.” – Dan Gemeinhart
14) “Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the centre of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.” – Roger A. Caras
15) “The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be.”—Konrad Lorenz
16) “Life is a series of dogs.”—George Carlin
17) “The love of a dog is a pure thing. He gives you a trust which is total. You must not betray it.” – Michel Houellebecq
18)When we adopt a dog or any pet, we know it is going to end with us having to say goodbye, but we still do it. And we do it for a good reason: They bring so much joy, optimism, and happiness. They attack every moment of every day with that attitude.” – Bruce Cameron
19) “Dogs’ lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you’re going to lose a dog, and there’s going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy or delight in her innocence, because you can’t support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There’s such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware that it comes with an unbearable price.” – Dean Koontz
20) “Sometimes we put our great treasures in museums, other times we take them for walks.” – Unknown
21) “Dogs are small rays of light caught on earth for a short time to brighten our days.” – Anonymous
22) “Dogs are small rays of light caught on Earth for a short time to brighten our days.” – Anonymous
23) “Everyone is taught that angels have wings, but the lucky ones of us find they have 4 paws.” – Jury Nel
24) “I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent, devoted companionship that you can get from no other source.” – Doris Day
25) “Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them, and filling an emptiness we didn’t even know we had.” – Thom Jones
And, finally, one of my favourite poems:
When I am old and grey
My step might be slower.
I may not hear as well.
I may not see it as well.
I may not feel as well.
For more blogs, please visit www.NicksDigitalSolutions.com and choose Nick’s blog
For E-Learning material, please visit www.NicksDigitalSolutions.com and choose the E-Learning shop (in particular, Seniors).
Nick Thorne is the founder of Nick’s Digital Solutions Limited. He lives in Levin, New Zealand.
Nick Thorne performs a cat scan